Really? Even if it doesn't have any roots? I gotta try that because I waste the batch of celery and only use one or two stalks and then end up throwing the bunch away. This way I will have fresh and not waste!
When I heard some Governor say you can't buy seeds I started looking up videos of how to plant vegetables from the plant itself. My first was romaine lettuce. Just cut off the end and place in water. It started growing in 2 days! When I see roots it goes in the dirt. Free romaine! Wheee!
I've also grown romaine and basil, you just put in water, change water every day and when the roots come out, plant. Romaine and basil comes out really good. v
Downwinding 10-05-2026
-
Wind: Trades
Wind feels lighter than yesterday but we still go!
Start the new week right!
Stoked to have Yannick(bottom right) join us!
This time w...
kokuuma
-
you often see the word koku (rich) paired with the word uma (tasty)
whenever people are describing a savory foodthey'll say it is
"kokuuma"well, I needed e...
Mixed Plate Friday (Vegas Edition)
-
Creamy Scrambled Eggs & Chicken Breakfast Sausage We had a morning flight
so we got served breakfast. For Hawaiian Airlines, there are entrees you
can get ...
AI Is Now Used to Scam People
-
I’m not back to blogging yet, but I thought this was something important I
should pass on.
An ad popped out the other day on my iPad that had Bill Gates,...
Latest family addition
-
My ceramic friend Rita gave me a young red footed tortoise/turtle that my
grandson named Max. We won’t know if Max is a boy or girl until he/she is
older....
Descanso Gardens, 4/2/24
-
Three out of four college roommates were able to get together. Our other
roommate, Mary, is from Mountain View and it would have been an eight hour
drive...
Delhi - Day 9
-
October 2, 2019
We had another full day in Delhi before we leave for Varanasi tomorrow.
Subie met us once again to take us on a mini tour around Delhi. ...
9 comments:
Really? Even if it doesn't have any roots? I gotta try that because I waste the batch of celery and only use one or two stalks and then end up throwing the bunch away. This way I will have fresh and not waste!
I did! my celery got so huge but the stalks never got big and thick. In fact, seemed like lots of keiki grew from it. Great for cooking.
v
When I heard some Governor say you can't buy seeds I started looking up videos of how to plant vegetables from the plant itself. My first was romaine lettuce. Just cut off the end and place in water. It started growing in 2 days! When I see roots it goes in the dirt. Free romaine! Wheee!
No, never have, but then I hardly ever use celery. I do have a brown thumb though.
That is SO cool. Too bad, we couldn't make people who lose their limbs,like combat veterans, have it re-grow. Sorry,for going off tangent.
Aunty, next time I have celery, I'm gonna try too.
V, so interesting!
Mark, LOL.
Kay, I have a brown thumb too.
Chet, wouldn't that be awesome!
I've also grown romaine and basil, you just put in water, change water every day and when the roots come out, plant. Romaine and basil comes out really good.
v
Oh wow, I’ll try that!
ooh interesting!
Post a Comment