Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Colin's Fishcake Patties


My nephew Colin made these fishcakes!! He used my sister Didi's recipe that can be found at Cooking Hawaiian Style website here

Resized_20200404_155952

Good job, Colin!!
Resized_20200404_145443


1 ½ lb. Chinese fish cake paste 
2 large eggs, beaten 
4 stalks green onion, finely chopped 
1 medium carrot, peeled, grated, optional 
½ -inch ginger, peeled, grated 
1 tsp. salt 
1 tsp. sugar 
½ tsp. sesame seed oil 
½ tsp. white pepper 
½ c. cornstarch 
Oil for frying 

In a mxing bowl, combine all ingredients well. In a large skillet on medium heat; warm oil Spoon heaping serving spoon size of mixture gently into pan; pat mixture down slightly. Cook 2-3 minutes per side until slightly browned. Drain on paper towels.

11 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

So good! Looks like the men in your family are fantastic cooks!

Caroline in SF said...

It seems love of cooking/food runs in your family: Wendell, Landon and now Colin. Colin might be the next David Chang. That’s awesome.

Susan said...

I sent my daughter to get me some fish cake at the Japanese store the other day and she said there wasn’t any. She did find some at the Korean store. I didn’t know about Chinese fish paste. I need a Colin, and a Landon, oh and a Wendell-I can use a break from cooking about now.

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable! Looks delicious.

Izsmom

Chet Colson said...

Be careful with that chef knife Colin, turn your fingers inward. Looks like you may cut off your index finger. Btw, the fishcake looks Ono. Bon Apetit!!

K and S said...

so yummy!

Anonymous said...

I feel scared looking at the cutting board not sitting straight on the counter !! eeks...

Leslie's pics said...

ohmygawwd so cute!

jalna said...

Aunty, I feel so lucky.

Caroline, maybe!!!

Susan, I always thought of it as a Chinese thing. Dunno why.

Izsmom, he totally is.

Chet, it made me so nervous looking at the photo.

Kat, I bet it was!

Anon, I was scared of the knife.

Les, I agree!

Randism said...

Mmmmmm; maybe even i can make that; one day....

jalna said...

Rand, for sure!!