Monday, April 6, 2020

Landon's Shepherd's Pie


Landon made this last week, and . . . um . . . I wrote down his instructions "somewhere", but I can't find it. I no like ask him again because No. 1 He won't remember and No. 2 He might get irritated.

As far as I can remember he fried up 3 pounds of hamburger and added frozen vegetables and 2(?) cans of Cream of Mushroom soup. "Thyme" comes to my mind because I remember wondering how to spell it. 

Then he put everything in a pan and topped with hash brown potatoes. He baked at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. 

It was good. We wiped it out in 2 days.
IMG_4063

He used this. It's from Costco.
IMG_4126

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Shepard's pie. Talking about it with a co-worker several months ago, he claims, I really love cottage pie because you're only supposed call it Shepard's pie if it is made with lamb. Any other meat is cottage pie. So technical! Was one of my favorite school lunches.
Did you know I made it with leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner? You put your turkey, whatever cooked veggies, like green bean casserole, pour your gravy over and top it off with the mashed potato.
Recipe said put everything from your meal in if you like, like cranberry sauce??? I didn't. Was super ono!
v

jalna said...

V, ahhhh so it's actually called Cottage Pie then . . . didn't know. Your Thanksgiving leftover pie is genius!

Anonymous said...

Jalna, thank you for your blog. It's so helpful to be able to read your friendly, "normal" entries. No matter what the world is full of local people! Yaaay!! Be safe. This morning I gave the delivery guy almond snacks, after I had wiped every little package down with chlorox wipes. I don't know . . . . You may laugh!

K and S said...

yummy!

jalna said...

Anon, thank you for your comment. It did make me smile.

Kat, when I first looked at the big pan, I thought it would last for days. I couldn't believe how fast we wiped it out.

Leslie's pics said...

haha so funny. it would be the same if I had to ask randy something like that

jalna said...

Les, LOL.