Here are remnants of a slice of Wendell's fruitcake that I was enjoying yesterday. It's so ono that I decided that it was deserving of a repeat post. You can find the recipe in the original post from 3 years ago here.
I am so grateful to you for this recipe, Jalna. Art, his sister and my mother LOVE fruitcake but we could never find one that satisfied their craving. This recipe really hit the spot. I did the brandy soaking at first but everybody told me they prefer the fruitcake without the alcohol.
Downwinding 10-03-2026
-
Wind: Trades starting...
The gang is frothing even though the wind is light!
9 Strong today!
Mahalo John for this pic!
Way better than I thought at ...
kaki kimchee
-
while scrolling I came upon this kaki kimcheeFor 2 kaki (persimmon) :
@ginahomecook1 tablespoon salted shrimp (strain shrimp and use only
liquid)1 tablesp...
Mixed Plate Friday (Vegas Edition)
-
Creamy Scrambled Eggs & Chicken Breakfast Sausage We had a morning flight
so we got served breakfast. For Hawaiian Airlines, there are entrees you
can get ...
AI Is Now Used to Scam People
-
I’m not back to blogging yet, but I thought this was something important I
should pass on.
An ad popped out the other day on my iPad that had Bill Gates,...
Latest family addition
-
My ceramic friend Rita gave me a young red footed tortoise/turtle that my
grandson named Max. We won’t know if Max is a boy or girl until he/she is
older....
Descanso Gardens, 4/2/24
-
Three out of four college roommates were able to get together. Our other
roommate, Mary, is from Mountain View and it would have been an eight hour
drive...
Delhi - Day 9
-
October 2, 2019
We had another full day in Delhi before we leave for Varanasi tomorrow.
Subie met us once again to take us on a mini tour around Delhi. ...
6 comments:
not a fan of fruitcake, but miss the days when my mom used to make them:)
I am so grateful to you for this recipe, Jalna. Art, his sister and my mother LOVE fruitcake but we could never find one that satisfied their craving. This recipe really hit the spot. I did the brandy soaking at first but everybody told me they prefer the fruitcake without the alcohol.
Yay,fruitcake,it means the holiday season is upon us.
I don’t know if I’ve ever seen candied fruits at the store.
Kat, I'm not too much of a fan either, but I love Wendell's.
Kay, it makes me so happy to know that your family is enjoying the recipe.
Chet, LOL.
Susan, hmmm, all of our markets carry them at this time of the year.
fruitcake. hmmmm....blech
Post a Comment