Monday, April 17, 2017

Wendell's Miso-Glazed Eggplant


Wendell found this recipe on the site called Bebe Love Okazu here.   I loved this dish.

IMG_9928


  • 3 to 4 eggplants, cut lengthwise
  • 1 tablespoons canola oil
  • Nobu’s miso glaze (below)
  • Roasted sesame seeds for garnish
1) In a large frying pan, heat oil and cook eggplant until tender. Cook about 3 – 4 minutes on each side. I like to brown the eggplant so that’s it’s almost carmelized. This adds great flavor to this dish!
2) Warm-up the miso glaze in the microwave for just 30 seconds so that it’s nice and warm. Spread a little bit over the length of the eggplant, then garnish with roasted sesame seeds. Serve immediately while hot.


for Nobu miso marinade:
  • 3/4 cup mirin (sweet sake)
  • 2 cups shiro miso (white miso paste)
  • 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
  • Splash of sake

6 comments:

Chet Colson said...

I love Miso butterfish. Haven't been to Vegas in awhile, that's what I always ordered at the Californina Hotel. Wendell's eggplant miso glazed looks winnahs.

Honolulu Aunty said...

Oooooh. I love eggplant! Looks so ono!

One tip (maybe you already know it) that I learned when I fry eggplant (oooo, I love friend eggplant!) is to soak it in slightly salted water after cutting for a few minutes, then draining it well. Then I fry it. The eggplant doesn't soak up all the oil that way.

Now you make me want to grow eggplant in my yard again. Fresh fresh eggplant actually tastes like egg to me!

Anonymous said...

This looks so ono! I'm going to try this recipe. Thanks!
~e

K and S said...

yummy!

Leslie's pics said...

oooh that looks good, and easy too!

jalna said...

I like miso butterfish too, Chet.

Thanks for the tip, Aunty! And heeeeey, is that why it's called "egg"plant?

Great, E!!

It was yummy, Kat!

Les, the eggplant was my main dish that night.