Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Highway Inn - Kakaako


After taking pictures at the Polar Plunge, Erick and I walked over to Highway Inn for lunch. 

This is Erick's Pulehu Chicken ($13.95). I think he said that it was good. I don't remember. We were just talking, talking, talking. We had a lot to catch up on.

IMG_9814

This is my Hawaiian Style Nachos ($13.75).  It had kalua pig in it, and it was reaaaaaally ono . . .  except . . . if it had regular tortilla chips instead of Okinawa sweet potato chips it woulda been waaaaay better. The sweet potato chips were too dense and not crispy enough to me.

I forced Erick to take home my leftovers, and now I wish I hadn't offered it to him. Had lots . . . more than half . . .  and I wouldn't mind eating it again. I would scrape all the good stuff off and put it on some Doritos. 

Erick, you shoulda told me, "No, I don't want it. You take it." YOU!
IMG_9817

12 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

hahahaha now you goin make him feel bad!

Chet Colson said...

Look so good, I had a Kanak Atack. Thanks for reminding me, will need stop an pickup a bag of taro chips to snack on at work, it's one of my faves.

Honolulu Aunty said...

LOL, "You!"

jalna said...

LOL, Les. Erick? He not going feel bad. I always scold him. When we were walking to the restaurant, I was lagging behind him 'cause I was lugging my rolly thing (since I no can carry all the gear anymore). He was like waaay in front, so I go, "EH, WAIT UP, ERICK!!" He goes, "Whaaaat? I thought you were right behind me." I go, "Sheese".

Oh Chet . . . Taro Ko Chips from Kauai!!

Totally yah, Aunty!!

Anonymous said...

Both dishes look ono!

Izsmom

K and S said...

aiyahhh...lol

jalna said...

They do yah, Izsmom!

Hahaha, Kat.

Mark Shelby said...

Maybe next time you can sneak in your very own bag of your favorite kine tortilla chips! Das IT! ; )

DNakamaru said...

Great shots of good looking food!

jalna said...

LOL, Mark!

Thanks Dean!

mmiissee said...

WOW thats a humongous nachos. Did you folks had to wait? It seems to be busy every time I pass by.

jalna said...

Mmiissee, there was no wait to sit at the counter, so that's where we sat.