Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Kahai Street Kitchen Again


I couldn't help myself. I went back to Kahai Street Kitchen yesterday. I wanted to try the Korean Cobb Salad that Honolulu Aunty recommended. I even braved the parking situation myself. It wasn't too bad. There was on-street parking about a block away. 

Korean Cobb Salad ($10.25). It was so good!!
IMG_0063


Landon chose the Kalbi Soft Shell Taco ($10.25). On the night that me and Wendell went, three people before us ordered it so I was curious about it. 

Landon said that it was "good, but not great". I looooved it. 
IMG_0074

Here's one of the tacos opened up. I highly recommend it. But, as the veggies (and sauce?) are pretty moist, it's probably best eaten right away.
IMG_0087

10 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

wow plenty meat in the tacos yah?? I wanna try!!

jalna said...

I hope you get to try, Les!!

Honolulu Aunty said...

LOL, I went yesterday, too! Got the brisket plate for my friend, the Korean Cobb salad for da daughter, and tried the daily special mixed plate with garlic chicken (ono!), sweet sour spare ribs (ono but tough), and hamburger steak (super ono!). I like that they pack the salads separate instead of inside the entree boxes.

Parking was terrible - one guy backed into this lady's bumper and she was all mad but nevah have any damage, and one lady parked in their very limited parking lot and came from across the street but didn't move her car even though I waited and waited with my blinker on. I am thinking that I gotta open a First Hawaiian Bank account so I can park over there.

Oh yeah, their steamed ono fish with ginger sauce (kinda like Chinese style) was real ono too, but I made take out and didn't eat it until way later. Would have been awesomely ono if I had eaten it hot over there.

Chet Colson said...

Jalna if keep going there a lot, you should but stocks in the company.....lol! Food looks ono.

jalna said...

Aunty, thanks for the tip on the Korean Cobb. I REALLY liked it. I think my mom would like the steamed ono. Now you making me want to go back again . . . wonder what today's daily special is? Hahahaha!!! You so funny . . . open a First Hawaiian Bank account so that you can park there.

For real yah, Chet!

K and S said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Looks so good. Gotta go try!

Izsmom

Kay said...

Geee... You guys are making me wish I lived in your neighborhood.

jalna said...

Ditto, Kat.

Hope you do get to try, Izsmom!!

Kay, I'm glad they moved nearer to me. I never did go when they were in Kalihi.

Susan said...

Yah, your food posts killin' me over here...no Kahai kitchen means no try good food! lol
Too bad, I'm headed to the states but our flights go through Japan instead of HA...would stop and eat all your yummy foods for a few days if I could : )