Saturday, April 22, 2017

Wendell's Balsamic Glazed Chicken


The recipe for this dish came from delish.com and can be found here

Moments before taking this shot I had burned my fingers on the just-out-of-the-oven cast-iron pan and without realizing it ended up focusing mostly on the potatoes.  I had to majorly crop the picture in Photoshop to include at least some of the chicken . . . LOL. I still wanted to post it with the recipe, though, because it was really good.


IMG_0041


INGREDIENTS

  • 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tbsp. honey
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. whole-grain mustard
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • kosher salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
  • 2 c. baby red potatoes, halved (quartered if large)
  • 1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
  • 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
  • 3-4 rosemary sprigs, for skillet

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine balsamic, honey, mustard, and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Whisk until combined. Add chicken thighs and toss until fully coated, then transfer to the fridge to marinate at least 20 minutes and up to 1 hour.
  2. Meanwhile, prep potatoes: In a medium bowl, add potatoes and rosemary and season with salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss until combined. Set aside.
  3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining tablespoon oil. Add chicken and marinade and sear, skin side down, 2 minutes, then flip and sear 2 minutes more. Add potatoes to skillet, nestling them between chicken, and rosemary sprigs.
  4. Transfer to the oven and bake until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through, 20 minutes. (If potatoes need longer to cook, transfer chicken to a cutting board to rest and continue cooking until tender.)
  5. Serve chicken and potatoes with pan drippings.

10 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

oweee! cast iron skillets get super hot and stay hot! hey this is a good recipe for me and Randy. Only takes four chickens! So hard to find recipes for only 2 people.

Chet Colson said...

Wish I could cook like Wendell. My signature dish is boiled eggs. Actually, I make a half way decent pinabet.

Honolulu Aunty said...

Groan! Maybe this one I have to try, but lots of steps. Looks super ono, so maybe Aunty WILL cook!

K and S said...

yikes! hope you are okay!

jalna said...

Plus Les, I had to act cool like it didn't really hurt because Wendell was kinda making like whatdahell I was doing touching one pan that just came out of the oven.

Chet, I think you have to enjoy cooking . . . that's why I suck.

Hope you get to try, Aunty. But beware of hot pans.

Thanks Kat . . . it wasn't too bad, Kat.

Chet Colson said...

Jalna, I beg to differ. Your ice cream desserts look ono after a delicious dinner.

Mark Shelby said...

That Delish website is awesome Jalna! I just found 90 chicken recipes there!

Just follow this link and all the chicken recipes will just keep playing one after the other. And so creative! So fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS2j6YSU184&list=PLQGGrzFoybiMsRb9b0FwEa3RRycYA5p3A&index=8

Kay said...

That does look yummilicious!

jalna said...

Awww, thanks Chet.

Thanks for the link, Mark!

Thanks Kay.

Erick said...

I have chicken thighs, honey and balsamic vinegar. I just need potatoes. I'm going to try this.