Thursday, April 13, 2017

Macaroni Grill


My pal Dean gave us a Macaroni Grill gift card for Christmas, and we finally got to use it this past weekend.  Thanks Dean!!

Their complimentary bread was really good. It had specks of salt on the outside and bits of herb throughout. The texture was perfect.
IMG_6387

I dunked the pieces in this seasoned olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sooo good it's bad.
IMG_6389

Our salad came first . . . Chicken Florentine ($12.95).  Very yummy. 
IMG_6403

This is the Farmhouse Pizza ($15.95). Also good.
IMG_6408

Wendell thought that one pizza wouldn't be enough, so we ordered two. This is the Margherita Pizza ($14.95).
IMG_6406

We ended up packing up the pizza below and remnants of the salad to take home.  Only thing . . . the leftovers never made it home.  

When we exited the restaurant, a homeless-looking guy approached us and asked if we had some food to spare. I was about to say, "No", but Wendell said, "Sure" and handed over our take-out bag. Wendell always does the right thing. I'm sure the guy enjoyed it as much as we did.
IMG_6409

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that bread! I like the eggplant parmesan and the lasagna too!
v

Anonymous said...

j: what a nice story. I like that the guy asked for food rather than money. I am always doubtful when they do that cuz you don't know if it's going to drugs or booze. BTW I LOVE your drawn picture, it's soooo cute -N

jalna said...

Oooooh V, I like go back for the eggplant now!

Thanks, N! I no trust too . . . so my automatic answer is always "No". I'm glad that Wendell said okay.

K and S said...

aw so nice!

Leslie's pics said...

No lie, you wanted the leftovers for a midnight snack!! :) Haven't eaten there in a long time. I like their bread too. so bad..so so bad!

Anonymous said...

Wendell is so compassionate. My answer to panhandlers is 'no' too since I've heard of people who ask for money then are seen driving away a nice, new or expensive car! It's too bad you can't tell who's really in need and who may be scamming you.

~e

Honolulu Aunty said...

Great looking food! And I think you felt good about Wendell's kindness. You are good together - one ready to say no, and one ready to say okay.

Susan said...

That is different, most ppl ask for money. I'm sure he enjoyed the food, I was drooling. Love your Jalna made emojis!

DNakamaru said...

Food looks good - you made good choices!

Bonus points for Wendell! What a nice guy!

Chet Colson said...

Romano's is our one of our fave restaurants. Yes, their bread is so good, with the balsamic bread; I can eat the whole loaf. I usually order the Fettucine Alfredo or Chicken Carbonnara. Gayle loves their salads. Lunch has a really good combo. You can order a soup or salad and choice of entree ( I like the panini bread with chicken.)

jalna said...

Thanks Kat!

You read my mind, Les. LOL.

E, Wendell has a good heart. Me . . . I gotta work at it.

You're right Aunty.

Susan, I think that was smart of him to ask for food.

Thanks again, Dean!

I coulda eaten more bread if Wendell didn't warn me about getting full, Chet. Thanks for the tip about lunch. I would love a soup and sandwich combo.

Kay said...

Oh nuts! Now I'm hungry and I just had breakfast!

Kay said...

I love Wendell... he's so sweet.