Monday, March 1, 2010

Just a Few More from the Waikiki Aquarium

In case you were wondering, I did take a few other pictures at the aquarium before I got sidetracked by the jellyfish and ended up spending the rest of my time there.


This is the tank that first greets you when you enter into the darkened area of the aquarium.
Here is a bulbous-looking coral.
Nemo
Fugu the Puffer
Fish
I'm so proud of this picture cause the tank was soooo dark that the fastest I could shoot at was 1/25. I leaned up against the wall, held the camera will tight, held my breath and slowly clicked the shutter. I did it about 4 times. This was the best one.
Pretty color, yeah. Dunno why it turned out this way cause that's not the color in real life.
Wondering why this toy is in this tank? So was I.
It's for the octopus. It seems that tako are very smart, so they put the toy in there to challenge him.
If you look where I've circled, you'll see that he is already holding another toy. I normally love to eat tako, but tell me, how can I eat something that likes to play with baby toys?

11 comments:

Erick said...

So Cool! I love the Nemo, Fish and tako shoots. Very nice!

Randism said...

again, i gatta say WOW!

(ps: thanks for the tip; i'll try to remember setting my iso to 1600 some day when i'm in a low light situation.)

Betty Townsend said...

These are amazing photos. The colors are gorgeous!! That tako holding the toy is a little unnerving. Who would think they would do that??

Leslie's pics said...

wow...your shoulder/lean against the wall technique is really good for you! So cute the tako...maybe he was teething??

jalna said...

Thanks Erick.

Thanks Rand.

Kinda an uneasy feeling yeah, Betty.

That's so funny, Les!

SW said...

wow..these are also great! So sharp and the colors so real. Love the tako shot..I remember seeing the toys and thought someone had tossed it in there..I didn't know that tako liked toys..he looked like he was even smiling in that shot! cute..

jalna said...

Thanks Shun-Wah!

Unknown said...

AAWW!!! Cant eat TAKO now...he's soo cute. I think its the eyes...
(Teething..haha.)

jalna said...

I know CQ, so cute yeah!

celia said...

I am totally jellos! It is really hard to take shots at the aquarium. Terrific!!!!

jalna said...

Celia, I've seen some of your awesome pictures! The aquarium is dark and quite challenging, but I know you'd do great.