Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My RAV4

So I just bought my first new car in like over 20 years this past Saturday and a few days later it gets recalled . . . whatda . . . ? Wendell called Servco Toyota. According to the guy there, our particular car was manufactured in Japan, so we no need worry. Thanks so much, Bobbi and Walter, for e-mailing me with your concerns.

Here it is . . . nothing fancy . . . pretty plain . . . just like me. When I got my first new car (a Honda Civic) many, many years ago, I banged Wendell's car with it in our driveway when it was only a few weeks old. I hope I do better with this car . . . it's way bigger than my Civic was, and I am very much a crappy Woman Driver.

13 comments:

Randism said...

nice wheels! congrats!

K and S said...

nice! I was wondering about your car, since I just heard about all those recalls. I had a Honda Civic myself, I miss my car.

Leslie's pics said...

uuuuuuuuuu, niiiice!!

Erick said...

Nice shot of the car, it is so cute. After watching the video maybe you should leave the car at home?

Betty Townsend said...

Wow, very nice. I thought about you when I read about the recall. Glad your car is not one of them. Enjoy your new wheels!! And don't bang Wendell's car!! hahahaha!!

jalna said...

Yeah Les, too nice. I would've preferred one with dings, so I know need worry about the first one.

Erick, you should see me driving it . . . like one old lady.

Wish me luck, Betty.

jalna said...

Thanks Rand.

Kat, I loved my Civic too!

susie said...

very, very, very nice!!! i was wondering if you were gotta post it.

jalna said...

Susie, yours nicer.

Renee said...

Yayyyyy ... welcome to the Toyota family!!! Your RAV is very nice ... good choice! Perfect car for you. My entire family drive Toyota's ... Glenn has a Tacoma, Michelle and Tracie drive Corolla's and I have a Camry. (We should do a Toyota commercial). By the way, did you purchase your vehicle from Servco Auto Honolulu and who was your salesperson? I'll make sure they take good care of you! Enjoy your new wheels!!! :)

jalna said...

Hey Renee!! I told my mechanic: I need a new car. I want one that is not expensive, hardly breaks and when it breaks it's cheap to fix. He said: Get a bike. Then he said: Toyota. I did go to Servco on Mapunapuna, but the salesman I bought it from is usually at the Windward branch. His name is Mark Nakao. He was and still is very helpful.

Alamea said...

wow!!!like the car...hahaha...i think when ever i get there i will have the chance to ride with you Jalna..i know i rode in all your cars...lolz

jalna said...

Hahahaha, that's so funny Teisy. I think you have ridden in all of my cars!!