Friday, August 25, 2017

Roy's


Yup, we went to Roy's. I can't even remember when we last went fine dining. 

But we were celebrating Landon's birthday so yah, we splurged . . . and every single thing was good . . .
DSC03078

including the service.  And vegan eating?  Out da window . . . 
DSC03067

Here's the customary complimentary edamame. 
DSC03025

Landon knew quite a few people who were working at Roy's that night, so this Spring Roll was comped . . . 
DSC03032

as well as this Kim Chee Tofu Wrap.
DSC03034

This is a Godzilla Roll . . .  I think . . . shrimp tempura and unagi.
DSC03037

Escargot
DSC03039

Yummmmm! The bread was da bomb too!
DSC03044

My Green Goddess Salad and . . . 
DSC03054

Miso Butterfish.
DSC03066

Wendell had the Sunset Pau Hana Prix Fixe which included this Furikake Ahi Tataki . . .
DSC03050

Filet Mignon and Garlic Scampi . . .
DSC03057

and Pineapple Upside Down Cake with Ice Cream. 
DSC03071

Landon also had some kind of Prix Fixe which included this Appetizer Sampler . . . 
DSC03052

Braised Short Ribs,
DSC03060

and Chocolate Soufflé with Ice Cream.
DSC03076

He was also treated to this Coconut Panna Cotta. 
DSC03074

14 comments:

K and S said...

happy birthday✧*。٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و✧*。

jalna said...

Thanks! I'll relay your message, Kat!

jenny said...

Never been to Roy's and this certainly makes me want to go!! Happy Birthday Landon!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, everything looks soo good!

Also, I thought I would mention that Shirokiya now has a new stationery area with a good sized PEN area!

Annie said...

Happy Birthday Landon! Jalna, I probably wouldn't even recognize him anymore,it's been decades since I last saw him.

Chet Colson said...

Yup,vegan out the window. It's nice Landon has friends that comped.Looks ono.

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday to your son! Wow! Wow! Wow! Talk about broke da mout' ...everything looked super onolicious!

Izsmom

Squidy said...

Happy happy shortriiiibs;)

Was wondering when this vegan dam wuz gonna bust;)

Kalin's Mommy said...

Wow! Happy Birthday Landon! Makes me want to go eat Roy's now!

Susan said...

Wow...delicious pics. We have that here too and I think last time we went was 3 years ago. Expensive for delicious little food...happy birthday Landon!

Mark Shelby said...

OMG! ; )

Leslie's pics said...

Score!!!! hahaha Vegan? what vegan??

jalna said...

Jenny, I'm so surprised that you haven't been there since you've tried more places than anybody I know!

THANKS Anon . . . I'm so very into pens!

You really wouldn't recognize him Annie.

Chet, I didn't even make it past the spring rolls.

Izsmom, it was SO BROKE DA MOUTH!

Squidy . . . totally busted! LOL.

You guys should go, Mich!!

Soooo expensive, Susan.

I knooooow, Mark!

Hahahaha, Les!!

DNakamaru said...

What awesome grinds!!!!! We love Roy's! Happy birthday Landon!