Saturday, August 26, 2017

Candles


The cashier at Hawaiian Graphics gave me these two sheets of sample $$$$Daniel Smith$$$$ watercolor dots. I was so excited because no way could I afford to buy the paints. A tiny little 1/2 ounce tube costs at least $10.

IMG_7294

The paint is of such good quality that a little goes a long way. Aren't these candles so cute?  I copied this card by Mary McBride of betrueoriginals.
IMG_7298

I painted enough to make nine greeting cards. From sample dots! How cool izdat, yah!
IMG_7300

7 comments:

K and S said...

cool!

jalna said...

Yah, Kat!

Anonymous said...

Nice! Th colors are vibrant.

Izsmom

Honolulu Aunty said...

Score! Your skill level has increased to the point of making good with quality paints! If I go I'll ask them for sample paint cards and give to you. Nice nice job on the candles, and cats, and all the ones to come.

Anonymous said...

j: I am watching your skills develop and I am so envious. I wanna break out my (cheap) paints and do it, but then I get sooooo lazy, hazy and stop. I am loving your stuff! I know you have so much unleashed creativity (so unfair!!!) -N

Leslie's pics said...

wow!! just from those little dots? Did you use it all up or still get left? No wonder it's so expensive, it's gonna last you forever!

jalna said...

I'm still using the first card, Les. Didn't touch the second card yet. Trying to think of a worthy project.