Saturday, April 8, 2017

Bed Frame


Wendell likes Bulk Pick-up Day. And the reason he likes Bulk Pick-up Day is because that's his chance to find bed frames.  Uh huh . . . yup . . .  bed frames. 

If he should spot one on the road, guarantee he's gonna return in the dark of night to grab it. And for him it's such a SCORE!

He explained to me that bed frames are the perfect L-Shaped Angle Iron something, something. "You can use it to make all kinds of stuff." Wendell took some welding classes at the community college, and I think that's how he's creating his "stuff".

Once he made a contraption for his softball team to use to level the dirt on the playing field. He had his whole team looking for bed frames for that project.

The one below he found near our house recently. He said he's going to use it to make a table to put the motor for his huli huli spit. His plan is to put wheels on one side only like a wheelbarrow so that when he's done using the motor, he can just wheel it away to store. 

Sounds like a good idea to me. 

IMG_6316

10 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

wow, hoarding runs in the family!! ahahaahhahaaa!! nah nah, he seems so handy yah?

Honolulu Aunty said...

So handy, and so funny! Shall I grab bed frames if I see them on the street and save them for Wendell?

Dd said...

w a i t .... did you say....schlurpppp..... huli huli spit !!! aiyahhh......i gonna move in....theheheh ....

Anonymous said...

j: Men and their DYI projects. At least he's building something useful...but having a huli huli spit is major serious. What does he use that for? Fundraiser? One time I saw someone toss a cool coffee table, but dang, it was so heavy I couldn't lift it into the truck. Next day, it was gone. I'm not the only one that eyeballs Bulk Trash dump day-N

jalna said...

Les, you should see the outside room!

LOL, Aunty . . . no need right now. I'll let you know . . .

I did, Dd!

HAHAHAHAHAHA, N!! The spit is hardly used. But once in awhile people borrow it for parties.

Mark Shelby said...

A little known tidbit. I am the king of bedframe sales in Hawaii (at least in the 1980's). At the Marsh Company Home Furnishings we sold hundreds of beds per month! So tell Wendell I said mini tanks for picking up my old bedframes and recycling them! ; )

Many times we had big sales and we would actually give away the bedframe for free with purchase of a mattress and box spring. I bet that's why it's easy to throw them away.

Susan said...

Wow, it sounds like something cool I'd do if I was a guy??!! You think ?? I like resourcefulness : )

K and S said...

as long as he doesn't figure out how to make an ice machine:)

jalna said...

Hey that's true yah, Mark . . . he's recycling them!

I like it too, Susan.

HAHAHAHA . . . soooo funny, Kat.

Kay said...

So he's a chef and super creative!