Thursday, January 22, 2009

Peach Jello


I got this recipe a long time ago from the mom of one of my son's friends, back in the days when we used to potluck after their baseball games. I really like how this picture came out. I zapped up the strength of the flash, pointed it straight up and reflected it off the ceiling. Came out neat, yeah.

Because I'm the amazing cook that I am and because the recipe is so complicated with all of five ingredients, I realized too late that I forgot to add in the sugar.
3 boxes (small) peach jello
4 1/2 c. hot water
3/4 c. sugar
3 pkg. Knox gelatin
1 pint half and half

You first dissolve the jello, gelatin and SUGAR in the water.
I let the liquid cool a bit, and then I add in the half and half. You then pour it into your 30+ year-old 9 x 9 inch misshapened pan that's probably been in your family for generations. Refrigerate. It turned out ono even though I forgot the sugar. I sure don't need the extra calories anyway.

7 comments:

SW said...

I agree, I also I like how your jello photo came out. The pattern and the color looked kinda like some architectural design. It looks really yummy too.

Erick said...

Look so good! You always make me hungry.

Betty Townsend said...

Oh, YUM!! I bet that half and half not only made it creamy, but rich too! Great potluck dish! Will have to add this to the collection! :)

Nippon Nin said...

You're so funny! I have never seen peach jello before...but then again, I don't pay too much attention to jello boxes...unless my husband feel iffy...then he would eat jello, only jello.

jalna said...

This is an easy and fun dessert, Akemi!

Jennifer A. said...

I have been looking everywhere to find this exact recipe! My great grammie used to make it when I was a little girl and no one in the family ever got her recipe before she passed. I’ve tried lots (and lots!) of other variations but none of them were quite right but this one is! I made it yesterday and everyone just loved it! Thanks for taking me down memory lane!

jalna said...

Jennifer, this makes me so happy!! Now your great grammie's recipe is not "lost".