Sunday, January 11, 2009

In Search of a Perfect Day

Canon Hawaii has an amateur photo contest every year. This year's theme is "A Perfect Day in Hawaii". The top three photos win cameras. The top 25 photos get displayed for a month on the walls at the Canon office on Ward Street. We get to submit 3 (THREE!!!) photos. Shouldn't be hard, right?? WWRRRROOONNNGG!! Me, Susie, Les and Erick have yet to even make the wall. HOWZDAT?? Never mind the camera prize, we just want to make the wall. The deadline to submit is February 28.

Here's Kona helping me look for The Perfect Day at the Ala Wai Canal.

7 comments:

Erick said...

A perfect Kona Day!

Betty Townsend said...

Beautiful photo! Handsome dog!

susie said...

Very Nice, if it doesn't make the wall, what will???

mmiissee said...

Hi...I love reading your daily blog. This picture is perfect...I was like WOW!!!

I enjoy looking at pictures....what model camera do you have? Also, while taking pictures what kind lens do you use?

P.S. I also made the Bread Pudding with Cognac sauce and it was so ONO!!!

jalna said...

Hey all, thanks for the encouraging words on the photo. Mmiissee, I have two cameras, but I usually shoot with my Canon 40D. My wide angle is a 16-35mm and for the food photos I usually use my 60mm macro lens. I'm glad your bread pudding came out. . . just thinking about it makes me want some now.

Leslie's pics said...

how the hell do you get Kona to sit still off-leash??? Mick and Mattie would be terrorizing the place!! Nice pic by the way...

jalna said...

Les, I sooo lucked out with the picture. I wouldn't have been able to do it if I planned it. Kona IS on a leash which I was stepping on to free my hands. He came into the picture just as I was about to snap the shot.