Saturday, January 10, 2009

808 Urban Mural at King and Pawa'a

Walking back to work the other day after picking up the lose-money Gyotaku bentos, I passed by the 808 Urban mural on the corner of King and Pawa'a and realized that they had changed it. I have pictures of the mural on a previous post and it used to have a mermaid on it. I miss the mermaid, but this version is pretty awesome too. I think the two elements that remain from the previous mural, the tiki on the left and the turtle were done by artist Estria.

7 comments:

Betty Townsend said...

Wow, this is awesome! The colors are so vivid and everything looks like its about to leap off the wall, so realistic!

Erick said...

Awesome! Great photos.

Dd said...

WOW...quite a message with this mural huh......I will pick up those plastic bottles I see near the storm drains on my way to work all the time...

SW said...

Wow...how do you manage to find these since I think I must pass that way every day on my way to work but I've never noticed it before. very nice!

jalna said...

Shun-Wah: I know, it's such a shame. Because the wall faces in the opposite direction of the traffic flow, people in their cars don't normally see it. Next time you go to the Zippy's next to Washington Middle School, try take a walk out to the street and you'll see it.

Unknown said...

Awesome Pics! We'll be there on Tuesday from 12-5 to finalize the mural and its message. Stop by and talk story y'all! Aloha

Prime

bkpr1 said...

Very very nice! Keep up the good work! BHIVER's dad, Vince Smith, Seattle