Sunday, June 27, 2021

UV Resin

I'd been wondering about resin crafts for awhile, but just the thought of winding up accumulating more art supplies turned me off.

But I did take the plunge recently when I realized that I could experiment just by getting these two things . . . for cheap.  The resin was $8.45 and the UV lamp was $5.94.  The lamp turned out to be too weak, but it was good enough to at least start the process.  I finished up by using our Hawaii sun for a bit, and that worked out real good.

IMG_7837 2

This project was very simple.  All I did was coat a few rocks that I painted a few years ago.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So adorable!
V

Honolulu Aunty said...

I love how your rocks look - SO cute! Did you paint them with acrylic paint? And would the resin work if it was put out in the sun from the start? So cute!!!!

jalna said...

V, thanks!

Aunty, I did use acrylic paint. And I think the resin would've set just from being out in the sun. Neva really need the lamp.

K and S said...

so cute!

jalna said...

Kat, thanks!

Susan said...

Love your cute projects! You have the best retirement life!!

jalna said...

Susan, I love being retired!!