Thursday, June 24, 2021

Make Your Own Mojito

You know that it doesn't take much to intrigue me.  And I found this seemingly empty "make your own MOJITO" bottle with attached strainer at Ross very intriguing.  

IMG_8163

When I looked inside this is what I saw. 
IMG_8164

It was $7.99.
IMG_8166

The instructions said to add your favorite rum and store in a cool, dry place for 1 to 3 weeks depending on how strong you wanted it flavored.  You need to shake the bottle 3 to 5 times a day for the duration.  Once the infusion has reached peak flavor you strain out the ingredients. 
IMG_8167

I was curious so I wondered if I should get it . . . until I saw "Product of China".  Ummmm . . . sorry . . . no thank you.  And I put it back on the shelf.  
IMG_8168

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I’m like you, I try to read labels on a consistent basis and if product of China, put back on shelf. Still wary of food safety.


Izsmom

Anonymous said...

even so, I wonder why it would take 1-3 weeks. when you order the mojito in a bar, they just add sugar and mint, muddle, add alcohol and pour over ice and add lemon slice. Comes out good lidat! no need wait!
v

Anonymous said...

oops forgot the club soda...unless you like em shtrooong! LOL
v

K and S said...

no thank you

Honolulu Aunty said...

Good move. But difficult because it seems that EVERYthing is made in China nowadays.

Remember when we were young and if it was "Made in Japan" we thought that it was cheap junk? Turns out that it was the good stuff. Not sure if and when I will ever think that "Made in China" turns out to be as good.

Susan said...

Yup, me too. I needed new silverware but everything was not made in the US. I was about to order some but another store had US made. : )

Chet Colson said...

I like that they include bottle and strainer with in infusion ingredients.

jalna said...

Izsmom, especially food stuff!

V, I tried to grow some of that mint you gave me. Everybody said it's so easy . . . grows like weed. Mine died. LOL. I like your recipe.

Kat, I know!

Aunty, now "made in Japan" is the opposite of cheap junk.

Susan, ho, score!

Chet, the strainer caught my eye.