Sunday, June 6, 2021

My Scalloped Potatoes


Landon bought choke potatoes so I decided to make this.  I didn't use paprika or cayenne pepper.  Instead I sprinkled seasoned salt in between the layers.  I also added in some parmesan cheese because it seemed like a good idea.  And I topped with chopped up cilantro to make it look good.  It came out ono.


IMG_7967 2

 

INGREDIENTS

  • 4 cups thinly sliced potatoes, (Yukon Gold or Russet; about 2 pounds give or take)
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 3 tablespoons flour
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 dash cayenne pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese, , divided
  • paprika

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 1.5 quart baking dish (8x8 or 9x9 inch baking dish will work). 
  2. In a small sauce pan, melt butter and stir in flour. 
  3. whisk in the milk and season with salt and cayenne. 
  4. Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk. 
  5. Reduce heat and stir in 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. 
  6. Place a half of the sliced potatoes in the baking dish. Pour half of cheese sauce over potatoes. Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce. 
  7. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese on top. Top with some paprika for color. 
  8. Bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 350°F or longer until the potatoes are fork tender.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Mmm, looks delicious!

Honolulu Aunty said...

Yum. But I am too much of a procrastinator when it comes to cooking. I need it right away and this takes awhile to cook. Looks so ono, though.

K and S said...

looks so ono!

Kay said...

I haven't had this in forever. It looks so yummy!

Chet Colson said...

Looks ono. I like the top part, like eating the crust of a pie.

jalna said...

Susan, thanks!

Aunty, LOL. I know what you mean.

Kat, cheesy!

Kay, actually me too.

Chet, my favorite part.