Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Dd's Cream Spinach and Mushroom Soup


This looks so good to me.  Too bad it's beyond my expertise.  🥲


cream of spinach and mushroom soup

 

CREAM OF SPINACH & MUSHROOM SOUP

 

1 TB olive oil

2 TB butter

1 large shallot, chopped

2 garlic cloves, minced

4 oz. oyster mushrooms; thinly sliced, stems; chopped

2 TB flour

½ # fresh spinach leaves and stems

1 c half & half

2 c chicken broth

¼ tsp cayenne pepper 

Salt, freshly ground pepper to taste

2 TB parmesan cheese, grated

Garnish: grated parmesan cheese, salad croutons

 

In a large pot over medium heat, saute shallot, garlic and mushrooms until softened. Remove half of mushroom tops and reserve for garnish.  Stir in flour; cook 1 minute. Add spinach; cook until wilted, about 5 minutes. Add half & half, broth, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Puree to desired consistency with emersion blender. Stir in cheese. Check for seasoning; adjust if necessary.  


For service; garnish with mushroom tops, cheese and croutons as desired. Serves 2.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, whenever I see shallots on a recipe, I think no can.
Funny thing is I think I have all the other ingredients already but shallots???
v

K and S said...

looks ono!

Susan said...

I love spinach and mushrooms! I'm going to try.

jalna said...

V, once I bought at the swap meet and nobody in my house used um. Not even me. LOL.

Kat, doesn't it?!

Susan, uuuuu. Good luck!

Susan said...

My husband loved the soup! It was a bit spicy so I added more broth and since my husband is a meat lover I added some ham for his bowl : ) It’s an easy recipe Jalna, try it.

jalna said...

Susan, ok, you talked me into it! Maybe I'll leave out the cayenne. I can't handle heat too.