Sunday, September 6, 2020

Fresh Mint and Ginger Lemonade


I needed to make use of some extra mint leaves so I went searching online and found this recipe. It's from Epicurious site.  It came out refreshing. I wanted to add more honey, but I resisted.

IMG_5229


INGREDIENTS

    • 1/2 cup (packed) chopped fresh mint leaves
    • 1/3 cup chopped fresh ginger
    • 1/3 cup honey
    • 2 cups boiling water
    • 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
    • 1 1/2 cups (about) cold water
    • Ice cubes
    • Fresh mint leaves
    • Lemon slices

PREPARATION

    1. Combine chopped mint, ginger, and honey in medium bowl. Add boiling water. Let steep 30 minutes. Strain into 4-cup glass measuring cup, pressing on solids to extract liquid. Add lemon juice and enough cold water to measure 4 cups total. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
    2. Fill glasses with ice cubes. Add lemonade. Garnish with mint leaves and lemon slices and serve.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try this. Perfect drink for this this heat. BTW, the pickle daikon and carrots was the "bomb". Thanks
Bonny on Maui.

K and S said...

looks ono!

Susan said...

Refreshing on hot island days!

jalna said...

Bonny, that's awesome!

Kat, refreshing!

Susan, totally.

Honolulu Aunty said...

Maybe I should make this so I don't drink Coca Cola. Or gingerale - got plenty sugar.

Anonymous said...

maybe you can cut a few steps out if you buy citron honey from the korean markets. Just add ginger and mint!
v

jalna said...

Aunty, ho, once in awhile I like to drink that red-can coke.

V, I like your idea!!