Friday, June 5, 2009

Thelma's Restaurant in Waipahu

The other day while I sat at my computer and Wendell was down the hall, I could hear him say, "Do you wanna go eat at ??e?m??" I said, "Where?" He said, "??he??" I said, "What? I cannot hear you . . . THE ICE MACHINE IS TOO LOUD!!!" Anyway, he was saying "Thelma's", and that's where we went.

It was my first time there. Except for the mushy rice, everything was good. This is the Pork Gisantes ($7.95). The portion seemed kinda small to me.
This is the Sari Sari soup ($7.95).
This is Thelma's Special ($8.95) and it is REALLY, REALLY GOOD. It's chopped up Lechon Kawali with tomato, onion and soy sauce.
They have a buffet for $10.95, but the food had that left-out-all-day look so I decided against it.

4 comments:

SW said...

wow.. nice sign shot. I recall you don't use tripod so that came out really nice hand held. The food shots are cool..were all of the pics shot w/your 15-35mm lens?

jalna said...

These were shot with my 50mm f1.4 on a 40D. I needed the f1.4 for the speed and the 40D for the crop. The sign actually came out too bright, so I post processed in Photoshop using two separate layers, one underexposing the sign and the other layer brightening up the window.

Betty Townsend said...

The food looks so good!!

ny said...

yummy!!!!!! you always make me hungry!!! lol!