Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Landon's Pasta


My son made dinner tonight. As you can tell he didn't get his cooking genes from me.

He didn't follow a recipe so the following is kinda what he did.

Fry about 5 to 6 thick-sliced bacon until cripsy. Remove from pan. Squeeze out the meat from the casings of about 4 Italian sausages and fry in the bacon oil. Add sliced mushrooms and onions, saute. Add chopped garlic. While still hot, pour over raw spinach. This will cook the spinach. Pour 1 can chicken stock, 1 pint whipping cream and about 1 cup milk into the pan and heat. That's the sauce. Prepare the pasta.

11 comments:

Erick said...

Man, that looks so good! Is he a chef too? You can invite me for dinner any time. Great looking dish!

Leslie's pics said...

uuuuuuuuu, that looks good!! I'm so jealous when people can just throw stuff together like that and something look and taste yummy! By the way, I'm gonna make another pan of lasagna tomorrow night, I'll send you some on thursday... :)

jalna said...

Erick, Landon actually attended the culinary arts program at KCC and did cook at a couple of places, but decided that it wasn't the career choice for him. He's at Pearl Harbor now.

jalna said...

uuuuu, Les, I'm looking forward to Thursday's lunch!!

Betty Townsend said...

oh my goodness, this looks fantastic. it is obvious he knows what he's doing!!! I'm sure it tasted ono too!! Hey, Les send some lasagna this way too!! :))

bebedeer said...

Wow...I'm going to make this for dinner tomorrow night for Edsel's niece who's staying with us a couple of days. Is that paprika sprinkled on the finished dish? - Fawn

jalna said...

Fawn, I don't think it's paprika. I think it's a little bit of that Japanese Togarashi(?) chili pepper powder.

celia said...

I am salivating. Landon gained survival skills at KCC's culinary arts program. Anyone interested in taking a cooking class with me?

SW said...

This looks better than any Italian restaurant I've been to. I can even smell the bacon...if only you can put smell on the blog...

Taryn M said...

Yummm! Tell Lan his pastas were always amazing.

jalna said...

Hey Taryn, I will *sniff*.