Thursday, June 4, 2009

One Quick Ono Snack


You take one soda cracker and top it with some cream cheese and some pepper jelly . . . that's it. It's sweet and spicy and creamy all at the same time. Soooooo ono.
I got the pepper jelly from one of my sisters for Christmas. I was so surprised when I talked about my snack at work and found out that a lot of my coworkers never even heard of pepper jelly. So, at lunch time I went to Don Quijote and found some Hawaiian Chili Pepper Jelly and cream cheese and whipped up the treat for them. We had to eat it with pretzels 'cause I forgot to buy the crackers. Sooooo senile, yeah. It still was a hit though.

3 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

I looooove pepper jelly, I once gave it to a co-worker for Christmas with some crackers and she thought I was nuts....

Betty Townsend said...

pepper jelly and cream cheese go very well together!! quick appetizer!!

Dd said...

Sooo cool, The "Tahitian Goddess" is my girlfriend. Her name is Diane Crawford and she does make the best jams and jellies, more fruit, less sugar...and yes, she is from Tahiti.