Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Denise's Strawberry Chocolate Truffle


Denise said she left her prize-winning recipe on my desk yesterday. Somebody must've swiped it 'cause I never got it. So she quickly wrote out the ingredients for me again.

Layer the following in a 9 x 13 inch pan:

Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip cookie dough (this is the crust). Bake.
2 boxes instant chocolate pudding (follow directions on box)
Whipped cream
Strawberries (slice and sprinkle with sugar beforehand)
Drizzle chocolate fudge on top


I really don't know what happened to my original copy of the recipe. Who da hell would steal it, right? Anyway, looking all over my desk for the recipe reminded me of doing the same thing almost 50 years ago searching for my Cinderella watch.

When I was in the second grade my dad bought the watch for me. It had a pink band and a picture of Cinderella on its face. It was the first thing of value that I ever owned. I cherished it. I was at Japanese school when I discovered that it was missing from inside my desk. I searched and searched, but it was gone. I suspected that my deskmate had taken it. I worked up the courage to ask her if I could search her bag. It was there . . . at the very bottom. I couldn't believe it. I thought she was my friend.



So if you see me at an event, especially a big one like a wedding, and I look like this guy that Leslie found on the net, it's because I don't dare leave my gear unattended for fear that somebody's gonna swipe it.

7 comments:

Les said...

hahaha!! hilarious! I guess you never found the paper, huh??

jalna said...

Nope, I never found it . . . it's still a M-Y-S-T-E-R-Y.

Betty Townsend said...

Thanks for posting the recipe. I'm sorry someone took the recipe off your desk. That is so childish to do something like that. You'd think they'd at least asked if they could have a copy. The picture of the guy with all his camera gear is hilarious!!

jalna said...

Betty, M-Y-S-T-E-R-Y.

mmiissee said...

That picture is so funny.
I wouldn't think you would carry everything...would you really? How can someone take the recipe off of your desk? Sorry.....maybe they'll return it, but it's too late.

RONW said...

miss the days when we didn't need to lock our front doors.

jalna said...

mmiissee, I DO carry everything, and I feel like that guy.

Ron, me too.