Saturday, August 19, 2017

Birds


Here's my second watercolor creation. It was pretty simple so I made ten of them and turned them into greeting cards. The paper that I'm using is not from the pad that I got at Walmart. It's from an old yellowed pad that I got at the swap meet for $2. I'm so chang that I don't wanna waste the good paper yet. 

You remember the Made in China brushes that I got from Fisher? I love them. 


IMG_7242

This is where I got the idea from. Try check out the watercolor paint that the girl uses.  She says it's Winsor and Newton ($$$$) paint. It's so vibrant!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love it! You are so talented. I like yours better..the colors you used and your birds too cute!

Izsmom

K and S said...

so cute!

Honolulu Aunty said...

SO cute, Jalna! Back in college I did something like those birds using my thumbprint. And then I made wax "bird" bodies in that shape and put 2 unbent paper clips for their legs/feet.

You so good!

Susan said...

I love your pastel birds! Really nice cards! What did you use to draw the legs?

DNakamaru said...

Very nice!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

j: how adoooorable!!!! I love it, I like your style moe bettah, it's more funny. I still can't get over making a blob into a bird but then I don't have that creative talent. I will go and throw a pity party for one now. -N

celia said...

She is so cheerful. Looks like you will make many people happy - great watercolors!!!

Mark Shelby said...

That's Awesome! I'm a leg guy! ; )

Leslie's pics said...

love love love it!! And i like it with the pastels better!!

jalna said...

Cute yah, Izsmom!

Thanks Kat.

Hey, that sounds so cute, Aunty.

Susan, I used a Pentel pen that I picked up at Fisher because it was on sale for $2. I like it a lot. This is it on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Pentel-Finito-Porous-Point-SD98-C/dp/B008RN8WXE/ref=sr_1_3?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1503245273&sr=1-3&keywords=pentel+finito+extra+fine

Thanks Dean!

Hahahaha, N!

Celia, she seems really nice yah!

Funny Mark.

Les, I lucked out that my cheap Ross paints is pastel-y.

Kay said...

This is super cute! I love it!