Monday, November 9, 2009

The Bishop Museum's Hawaiian Hall

After three years of renovation at the cost of $16 million, the Bishop Museum's Hawaiian Hall finally reopened this past August. Susie and I both had the day off today so we decided to go pay them a visit. Picture taking has given me a whole new perspective, and with the dim lighting and "no flash" policy in the Hawaiian Hall it was very much a challenging shoot.

There was just so much to see that I ended up spending the first hour and a half on the first floor alone. Before you knew it I had to leave for my haircut appointment. We had spent 3 hours there and yet never even got around to checking out the new Dinosaur Unearthed exhibit. So just like the Plantation Village excursion I need to do a repeat visit. Anybody wanna come with me?

The following photos are from the Polynesian Hall.
These last two shots are from the Planetarium exhibit.

7 comments:

Les said...

yah, yah, yah, 21MP...pppfffttt....stop it. You're making me jealous.

jalna said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Erick said...

Me Jellos too! Verry nice shots. Let me know when you want to make me Jellos and I go with you. I have to mention to, you Da Rock. Great shooting!

Betty Townsend said...

Awesome pictures, Jalna!!

jalna said...

No Erick, you Da Rock.

Thanks Betty!

SW said...

WOW...your pics came out SOOOOOO vibrant..I can't believe you were able to take them from such a dark place! In tune w/ Erick's comment, though, your photo of the rock IS DA ROCK...sooo spooky!! Makes me wanna go get a 5D MKII...

jalna said...

Shun Wah, I boosted my camera settings to sharpness: +4, contrast: +2, saturation: +2 and color tone: +2. I'm planning to keep those settings for awhile and see how my pics turn out.