Monday, March 2, 2009

My New Cell Phone

I needed a new phone so I went to the Radioshack near my working place and chose this one. It turned out that Wendell needed to designate me as an authorized purchaser in order for me to buy it myself, so he said he would just pick it up at the Hawaii Kai branch. I thought it was sooo neat, very small and narrow. It fit perfectly in my hands.

My very first conversation using it went like this:

Me: Hi Les, I got a new . . .

Les (softly): What?? I can't hear you, you're cutting off . . .

Me: Wait Les, I can barely hear . . .

Les(softly): Hah? Hello, hello . . .

Me: Where's the part I'm supposed to put by my ear anyway? HELLOOO!!! HELLOOO!!

Les (softly): What? I can hardly hear you. Hello . . .

Me: How do you make this louder? LES!!! HELLO!!

Les: *click*


So I go home and I tell Wendell, "I don't like my new phone. I can't hear." He goes, "Whaddya mean you can't hear? You put the ear part by your ear and you listen. I don't know what you're talking about." I say, "I can't hear and Les can't hear me either. I don't like it. Can you return it for me? Where do you want me to put it?" He points to the chair. Could've been worse. He could've pointed somewhere else.

So we went back to Radioshack the next day, and I got this phone instead.

It slides up. I love it. AND I can hear good.

3 comments:

Les said...

hello?? hello? Can you hear me now? hahahaha! I can hear you nice and loud now...that is if I don't cut you off!!

Betty Townsend said...

Hahaha, this is funny. Gerry and I got new phones in Nov or Dec of last year. In California, it's a law since the first of the year to be hands free when using a cell phone when driving. So we got a Bluetooth. I was having a hard time with mine, couldn't hear anything. A friend was over and I told her about it. She looked at it and then started laughing. There was a thin piece of plastic covering the hearing part of the bluetooth that I hadn't taken off. We laughed so hard over that!! I like the looks of your phone. I have a Sony Ericsson too, it's a flip up and smaller than yours. I like the size of yours. We have at&t too.

jalna said...

Betty, that is HILARIOUS!! So sounds like something I would do. Hahahaha!!