Monday, April 29, 2024

Dyson V15 Detect

I'd been thinking about getting a new vacuum cleaner for awhile, and this Dyson was $140 off at Costco so I decided to get it, especially since we're getting a new fur baby soon.

I like that it's cordless and can easily reach under the beds and sofas.  It's top heavy so if you have a weak grip strength you might not be able to handle it.  Oh, and one more thing . . . you gotta keep pressing the trigger.  Once you let it go, it goes off.  They say it's to conserve the battery. 

The work-around is a trigger lock mechanism that you can buy on Amazon for $10.  I ordered it, but maybe won't need it.  I kinda got used to holding down the trigger. 

IMG_7015 

This is my old vacuum cleaner.  It's a small Dyson and could be at least 20 years old.  It still sucks up stuff good, but it's starting to get really loud, and the hose has gotten sticky. 

  IMG_7016 

The new vacuum cleaner came with several attachments, and this laser-light head is my favorite.  It helps you to see all the dust on the floor.

You can click on the photo below to see a video of it in action.  

  IMG_7021 copy

8 comments:

Dd said...

nothing like Dyson.....awesome .....

Anonymous said...

We had a Dyson like your older Dyson, had strong suction but after awhile like yours started getting loud and it was so heavy after awhile. As I’m aging I notice my hand strength is not like before, gotta look for something more lightweight.


Izsmom

K and S said...

sounds good!

Chet Colson said...

My work place used Dyson vacuum cleaners. Solid, dependable although it had a cord.

Honolulu Aunty said...

Nice! So you vacuum at night to see the dust? My floor has so much stuff to sort and go through that I can't vacuum with mt Roomba yet.

Anonymous said...

J, Dyson's products are so expensive. When it first came out my friend bought it for $500 and I thought ?!?!? But if it lasts 20 years better than other brands that die 5 or 8 years. I felt like I use to go through vacs like candy. -N

jalna said...

Dd, yah, I like Dyson too.

Izsmom, at first I thought I didn't have the strength, but after a few days it was okay.

Kat, yes!

Chet, I've read reviews where the battery might be problematic, but I thought I'd give it a chance anyway, mostly because of Costco's return policy.

Aunty, I know what you mean. I can't properly do a room unless I move stuff around and I haven't yet. The video was filmed during the day in a room where the blinds are usually drawn.

N, crossing fingers that this one will be as reliable as my old one.

Anonymous said...

I have the same roomba problem. gotta keep chasing after it because it gets tangled in all the junk on the floor. mo easy just vac so can go around the junk
v