These are super ono cookies that my sister Geri makes. Wendell's friend (maybe the wife) also makes it, and he provided the exact same recipe which is from the Ha'aheo School (Hilo) PTA recipe book.
10 comments:
Anonymous
said...
sounds good but i hate to make cookies. i wonder if could do a bar cookie so no need go drop by drop. v
I had to google rolled oats. I have old fashioned quick oats in my pantry. And I will also need corn flakes. My favorite breakfast was Kellogg's Frosted Flakes in a bowl of milk. But now I am grown up so that is off the table, bah!
Ho boy. I made these tonight. Very strange recipe. Almost soupy at one point. And then I rolled up balls, smashed them down with a fork and baked for 12 minutes at 325°. Came out so pale and soft like it wasn't cooked. SO failure! I'm gonna blame my new oven...
Aunty, what a disappointment after all the trouble. "soupy" doesn't sound right at all. I made a mango bread the other day that came out too wet. In retrospect, I shoulda squeezed out the liquid from the ripe mango. I was gonna dump the whole thing in the trash, but Wendell liked the taste so he microwaved it to cook it more. He's been eating it. Not me.
Downwinding 10-03-2026
-
Wind: Trades starting...
The gang is frothing even though the wind is light!
9 Strong today!
Mahalo John for this pic!
Way better than I thought at ...
kaki kimchee
-
while scrolling I came upon this kaki kimcheeFor 2 kaki (persimmon) :
@ginahomecook1 tablespoon salted shrimp (strain shrimp and use only
liquid)1 tablesp...
Mixed Plate Friday (Vegas Edition)
-
Creamy Scrambled Eggs & Chicken Breakfast Sausage We had a morning flight
so we got served breakfast. For Hawaiian Airlines, there are entrees you
can get ...
AI Is Now Used to Scam People
-
I’m not back to blogging yet, but I thought this was something important I
should pass on.
An ad popped out the other day on my iPad that had Bill Gates,...
Latest family addition
-
My ceramic friend Rita gave me a young red footed tortoise/turtle that my
grandson named Max. We won’t know if Max is a boy or girl until he/she is
older....
Descanso Gardens, 4/2/24
-
Three out of four college roommates were able to get together. Our other
roommate, Mary, is from Mountain View and it would have been an eight hour
drive...
Delhi - Day 9
-
October 2, 2019
We had another full day in Delhi before we leave for Varanasi tomorrow.
Subie met us once again to take us on a mini tour around Delhi. ...
10 comments:
sounds good but i hate to make cookies. i wonder if could do a bar cookie so no need go drop by drop.
v
nice!
Yummy looking cookies!
Izsmom
I had to google rolled oats. I have old fashioned quick oats in my pantry. And I will also need corn flakes. My favorite breakfast was Kellogg's Frosted Flakes in a bowl of milk. But now I am grown up so that is off the table, bah!
Gonna make these asap, love a good homemade cookie!!
V, I get backache after baking cookies nowadays.
Kat, yah!
Ismom, it's very buttery and crispy.
Aunty, LOL.
Susan, yay!
Cookies looks better than Mrs Fields, without the chocolate chips. I guess you could say its healthy with the oatmeal, lol.
Chet, totally healthy! 😁
Ho boy. I made these tonight. Very strange recipe. Almost soupy at one point. And then I rolled up balls, smashed them down with a fork and baked for 12 minutes at 325°. Came out so pale and soft like it wasn't cooked. SO failure! I'm gonna blame my new oven...
Aunty, what a disappointment after all the trouble. "soupy" doesn't sound right at all. I made a mango bread the other day that came out too wet. In retrospect, I shoulda squeezed out the liquid from the ripe mango. I was gonna dump the whole thing in the trash, but Wendell liked the taste so he microwaved it to cook it more. He's been eating it. Not me.
Post a Comment