Friday, July 21, 2023

Dd's Shortbread Cookies with Dried Cherries


I bought a bag of trail mix from Ross to add to my overnight oats, and it was good but contained too many big dried cherries.  So I dug them out and gave them to Didi, knowing that she could probably make use of them. 

She made these! Ho!

IMG_3346 2



1 c. butter, softened

½ c. powdered sugar, sifter

1 tsp. vanilla extract

2 c. all purpose flour

¾ c. dried cherries, chopped

 

In a mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar. Beat in extract. Gradually stir in flour and cherries.


Onto parchment paper divide dough into 2 logs 1 ½-inch wide. Refrigerate 2-3 hours.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. 


Slice logs into ¼-inch rounds. Bake 8-10 minutes until slightly browned on edges. Makes 2 ½ dozen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh easy kind cookie recipe! No need spoon and drop spoon and drop. Ugh! and I love dried cherries!
v

K and S said...

mmm!

Anonymous said...

Omigosh! It looks scrumptious!


Izsmom

Honolulu Aunty said...

Ho! You so lucky!

jalna said...

V, I like make some myself now!

Kat, they were bite-sized . . . easy to just pop one into your mouth.

Izsmom, shortbread!

Aunty, I agree!