Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Sausage Update

Here are Landon's sausages being smoked.  The curved ones are "Italian" pork sausages flavored with Italian spices and the straight ones are "Asian" beef sausages with ginger.  On the right side of the smoker is chili pepper salt.

I learned that sausage-making is a scientific process with lots of steps involved.  Lan worked hard over the course of several days, but ended up not being satisfied.  I thought they tasted good.

Landon has been watching YouTube videos to improve his sausage-making skills, and hopefully he'll keep at it. 

IMG_4632

12 comments:

Annie said...

Looks good! Good job, Lan!!

Anonymous said...

looks so amazing!, wonder why he's not satisfied?
v

jenny said...

Forreal, are they gonna sell this one day????

K and S said...

cool! they look great!

Honolulu Aunty said...

Sausage factory starting up! Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks good.


Izsmom

Anonymous said...

J, they look good and juicy.I would think they're not that easy to craft. I worked with a German gal and they love sausages. Seriously. I never saw so many kinds, when she got a care package from home. I wondered if they eat more sausages than regular meat. -N

jalna said...

Annie, thanks for the encouragement!

V, he didn't like the texture of the Asian one and I think it was the taste for the Italian one.

Jenny, probably not, but I'll let you know.

Kat, looks legit, yah.

Aunty, LOL.

Izsmom, thanks!

N, I didn't realize how humbug it is, especially dealing with safely handling the meat. Landon is extra, extra cautious.

Susan said...

Wow-they look amazing! Since your son is a cook, I’m sure he will be testing and tasting a lot until it’s just right !

jalna said...

Susan, I really hope so.

Chet Colson said...

Looks good and delicious to me. Landon must be a perfectionist?

jalna said...

Chet, he is when it comes to cooking and totally when it comes to safe-handling practices.