Monday, June 26, 2023

Chubbies Burgers


Chubbies is in Kaimuki where 12th Avenue Grill used to be a long time ago on that lane that connects Koko Head Avenue to 12th Avenue, next to Tam's Shoe Repair Shop, next to what used to be a taxi stand which was across the street from Duk Kee's which is nearby to what used to be Kaimuki Bowling Alley.  But I digress.

Here's what Landon picked up.  It cost him all the money that he had earned by selling stuff at the swap meet earlier that day.  😂.  Everything was ono.  Seriously.

IMG_4368 2 

Ten Gallon - grilled onion, bacon, cheddar cheese, lettuce, BBQ sauce ($12.50)
IMG_4363

50's Burger - American cheese, lettuce, tomato, signature 50's sauce ($10.50)
IMG_4365

El Rey - pepper-jack cheese, avocado, panko onion rings, lettuce, garlic ranch sauce ($12.50)
IMG_4366 

Teri Burger - American cheese, teriyaki-onion jam, mayo ($10.50)  IMG_4360 

Chub Fries - cheddar cheese, grilled onions, special fry sauce ($7.50)  IMG_4361

9 comments:

jenny said...

OMG. I just ate there yesterday! I had an interesting experience, will blog about it soon. Which burger was your favorite??

Honolulu Aunty said...

Oh my! Wasn't this place awarded the best burger in Hawaii - or was it also the USA?

I always see lines so haven't been there yet.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know they opened up in Kaimuki. So many places moved there but I never remember to go that way.
v

K and S said...

love their burgers, will have to check them out at this new location

Anonymous said...

Looks onolicious, especially the fries!


Izsmom

DrumMajor said...

Love your "address" to the place! Linda in Kansas

Chet Colson said...

Let me regress from the digress. Before Chubbies move to their present in Kaimuki, they use to have a food truck selling burgers next to Sports Authority on Ward Ave, adjacent to Starbucks and Wahoo's. Glad to see they're doing well, considering the influx of burger eateries.

jalna said...

Jenny, I can't decide which one was my favorite. Maybe the plainer-than-the-rest 50's burger. Looking forward to your post.

Aunty, ho, didn't know about the award.

V, yah, lot of new places come and go in Kaimuki.

Kat, 👍

Izsmom, the fries were DANGER DANGER.

Linda, LOL.

Chet, thank for the input! I was wondering where they were before.

Susan said...

Wow! Sometimes I crave a really good burger!