Friday, December 2, 2022

Fried Tofu with Tomato Sauce

I like fried tofu and this version came out ono!

The way I make fried tofu has evolved a lot, and lately, all I do is slice the tofu, microwave for 2 minutes, drain the liquid, pat dry and fry in some oil.

Tomato sauce:  

Fry for a minute: 3 minced garlic, 3 diced shallots (I used the white part of green onions instead), 1-inch grated ginger and 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce.

Add: 2 large diced tomatoes, 2 tablespoons shoyu, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon fish sauce, and 1 teaspoon sugar. Cook until sauce is reduced.

Add:  3 stalks sliced green onions.  Cook for a minute.

IMG_2475

Top the fried tofu with the tomato sauce.  Eat. Yummy!
IMG_2477

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious! I like the way you fry the tofu. I will try it your way.
IIRC Kakaako Kitchen had a tofu burrito or enchilada dish that was so good. Your dish reminds me of that.
Yum!


Izsmom

K and S said...

looks ono! and sounds easy!

Honolulu Aunty said...

I must admit that fried tofu does not appeal to me, but the way you make it looks ono!

Anonymous said...

sugoi! I guess it's one of those "try it, you'll like it" recipes :)
v

jalna said...

Izsmom, it's so fast and easy this way!

Kat, very easy.

Aunty, LOL, thanks.

V, it's a Vietnamese dish. My sister-in-law Diem made it the first time I tried it, and I loved it.