Saturday, December 31, 2022

Impromptu Chicken Pho

I had a hankering for some chicken pho a few days ago, and since we had remnants of a Costco roast chicken in the 'fridge I threw together available ingredients and made this.  Everything was good except for the "shiru" which was very bland.  Canned chicken broth just didn't cut it.

IMG_2655

I remembered that I had this that I bought from H Mart the one time that I went there.  The package said "5 servings" so I expected to find 5 packets inside.
IMG_2656

Instead it contained loose powder, but it was easy to just sprinkle some onto my soup.  It totally worked.  In 5 seconds my pho went from being super bland to being super ono!
IMG_2657

The ingredients aren't exactly healthy, but I would so use it again next time.
IMG_2658

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks onolicious. It’s hard to find “healthy” dashi powder. Almost all the dashi powder starts with salt and MSG or sugar. Even umeboshi at the markets have sugar or corn syrup and MSG. Sigh..

Happy New Year! 🎈🎊🎆🎍🥳

Izsmom

jalna said...

Izsmom, I was so surprised how it saved the day. LOL. Happy New Year to you too!!

Chet Colson said...

Yay, from super bland, to SUPER PHO!! The Vietnamese restaurants boil their stock of chicken bones, fish bone and the bones of beef for hours in a big pot, that's why pho soup is so tasty.

K and S said...

looks ono!

Susan said...

Love easy homemade pho, I made the long version one time and it’s killer! Happy 2023 to you and your family!!

Honolulu Aunty said...

Plenty MSG! No wonder it was good.

Happy New Year, Jalna!

jalna said...

Chet, LOL. My way was so fast.

Kat, surprise!

Susan, ho! Happy New Year to you too!

Aunty, kinda miraculous the change. Happy New Year to you!!