Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Baklava from Ross

I held on to this the whole time while shopping at Ross yesterday.  I couldn't decide if I wanted to get it or not.  Even though it was a "product of Greece" and "handmade" with an "authentic family recipe", I was skeptical about its ono-ness.

IMG_2527

The box was grease-stained and felt light.  It was $4.99 for 5 pieces.  In the end I decided to "buy it for Wendell" because he likes nuts. 
IMG_2528

I was surprised that they were individually wrapped.  I liked that.
IMG_2538

It was kinda tiny . . . about two bites' worth . . .
IMG_2540

and not as filled with nuts as in the picture on the box.  It was ono, but maybe not worth 150 calories for the whole thing so I saved the other half for Wendell.  Since I bought it for him anyway.
IMG_2542

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh..but it does look scrumptious.


Izsmom

K and S said...

still sounds ono

Honolulu Aunty said...

So... if it was ono, would you still have saved the half for Wendell?

jalna said...

Izsmom, it does yah.

Kat, it surprised me.

Aunty, I tend to "share" all the time to avoid the added calories. A box of chocolates in my house will have half pieces in them. I'm so annoying.