Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Hawaiian Genealogy Indexes

I found copies of the application for marriage licenses of my grandparents on both sides here at ulukau.org.

The search site is called Hawaiian Genealogy Indexes, and it was chicken-skin amazing to find the info.  Now I know the names of my grandparents' parents including great grandmothers' maiden names!  How cool izdat! 

Tip:  It seems that misspellings abounded when translating from Japanese (for example) to English back then, so it's better to be not so precise in the search box.  My dad's father's first name was misspelled and my mom's mother's maiden name was also misspelled. 

The following is a screenshot and is not linkable.


Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 7.40.31 AM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting! I will check it out. Thanks for sharing.

Izsmom

Anonymous said...

Oh oh I cant find my grandma and grandpa's name! They must have not been married!

K and S said...

so cool

jalna said...

Izsmom, LOL, we have a similar family "secret". Or maybe the names are misspelled. My grandma's maiden name is Horiuchi. It was spelled "Hariuchi".

Kat, I have a feeling data is still being inputted.