Thursday, March 31, 2022

Garlic Achaar Chicken

I actually made this awhile back, and unlike my cheese, it was a success!!

I used a bottle of Trader Joe's Garlic Achaar Sauce that Didi gave to me.

IMG_0415

I cut 4 chicken thighs into 1-inch-ish pieces and sautéed them until they looked cooked.  I took them out of the pan and set aside.  Then I sautéed half a diced onion and 4 minced garlic cloves until the onions became translucent.  I emptied in the whole bottle of the sauce, 1/2 cup of sour cream (we didn't have plain yogurt) and well-drained (squeezed tomatoes to death) canned (14.5 oz.) tomatoes.  Finally, I threw the chicken back into the pan.
IMG_0413

It actually came out more ono than the bottled sauce that I got from Ross.
IMG_0417

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious!


Izsmom

K and S said...

sounds ono!

Chet Colson said...

Why isn't there a Trader Joe's in Hawaii? I love the place. My sister returned from Seattle, gave me a snack bag with baked cheese w/truffle, so addicting, but it had manini portion inside.

jalna said...

Izsmom, I liked it!

Kat, the bottled sauce comes in so handy.

Chet, I know, right?!

Honolulu Aunty said...

So it tastes like Indian food? Not my favorite. btw, if you need Trader Joe's stuff my daughter and son can pick up and ship to us.

jalna said...

Aunty, thanks for the offer! I only recently tried Indian food for the first time when I found the bottled sauce at Ross. I like dunking naan bread into the sauce.