Saturday, August 18, 2018

Wendell's Shrimp Cakes with Lemon Aioli Sauce


This recipe came from Natasha's Kitchen and can be found here. After my first few bites I told Wendell that it was so ono that it really didn't need the Lemon Aioli Sauce. 

But I added a little of the sauce "just to taste" and OMG, that took it over da top! I promise, the dish is soooo delicious that if Wendell doesn't make it again in the near future, I might just have to attempt it myself.


DSCF2963

For the Shrimp Cakes/ Fritters: 

  • 1 lb large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
  • 4 oz mozzarella cheese (1 1/2 cups shredded)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 Tbsp parsley finely chopped, plus more to garnish
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
  • 1/8 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour or gluten free flour
  • 2 Tbsp light olive oil or high heat cooking oil of choice

For the Lemon Aioli Sauce:

  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 1 tsp lemon zest
  • 2 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 garlic clove pressed or finely minced

Instructions

How to Make Shrimp Cakes: 

  1. Pat dry shrimp with paper towels then dice into pea-sized pieces.*
  2. Transfer chopped shrimp to a large mixing bowl. Add 4 oz shredded mozzarella, 1 egg, 1/4 cup mayo, 2 Tbsp parsley, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper. Stir together then add 1/4 cup flour and mix until batter is creamy and well combined.
  3. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add 1 heaping Tablespoon at a time (or a level ice cream scoop) and flatten out the tops of your fritters as you go so they are about 1/2" thick patties. Saute about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown on the edges and cooked through.

How to Make Lemon Aioli Sauce: 

  1. In a small bowl, add mayo and stir to remove any lumps. Add 1 tsp lemon zest, 2 Tbsp lemon juice and pressed garlic clove and stir to combine. 

7 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

:(

K and S said...

mayo & cheese together...delicious!

Honolulu Aunty said...

Looks SOOOO delish!!! Maybe I gotta try too.

jalna said...

Les, thought of you when I was putting together this post.

Kat, soooo yummy!

Aunty, try!!

Susan said...

We have something similar here called shrimp patties but it includes veggies. I’m sure the cheese in these fritters & the sauce makes it super yummy! I’m going to try it soon.

Annie said...

I will try this...if I decide to use my stove!!

jalna said...

Susan, you're gonna love it.

Annie . . . do it!