I believe those are cell phone signal antennas. Owned by Verizon, Sprint, ATT etc. It's easier that building a tall cell tower. They rent the space from the building and then put their communication antennas on the building. You are using these when you make a cell phone, phone call.
There used to be a fake tree one by the golf course before you get off at the Waikele exit. I'm guessing it's still there. It did a pretty good job camouflaging as a palm/coconut tree. :) - L
kokuuma
-
you often see the word koku (rich) paired with the word uma (tasty)
whenever people are describing a savory foodthey'll say it is
"kokuuma"well, I needed e...
Downwinding 10-04-2026
-
Wind: Trades
Trades are light but looks good enough!
The road to riches!
pc: Braddah Eric
Energy on high!
Can!
A good run for me!
Brad...
Mixed Plate Friday (Vegas Edition)
-
Creamy Scrambled Eggs & Chicken Breakfast Sausage We had a morning flight
so we got served breakfast. For Hawaiian Airlines, there are entrees you
can get ...
AI Is Now Used to Scam People
-
I’m not back to blogging yet, but I thought this was something important I
should pass on.
An ad popped out the other day on my iPad that had Bill Gates,...
Latest family addition
-
My ceramic friend Rita gave me a young red footed tortoise/turtle that my
grandson named Max. We won’t know if Max is a boy or girl until he/she is
older....
Descanso Gardens, 4/2/24
-
Three out of four college roommates were able to get together. Our other
roommate, Mary, is from Mountain View and it would have been an eight hour
drive...
Delhi - Day 9
-
October 2, 2019
We had another full day in Delhi before we leave for Varanasi tomorrow.
Subie met us once again to take us on a mini tour around Delhi. ...
16 comments:
???Airconditioner???
j: never noticed them before and now you've got my curiosity going! -N
aren't they a type of cellphone towers?
I'm assuming it's power source, a generator for air conditioning, etc ? A transformer.
Cell phone receptors. In Vegas, they paint them green and have them clustered on a pole so they look like trees. In Hawaii, they look ugly, imo.
Cell phone tower?
Izsmom
And the big square thing could be an AC chiller unit or compressor if that building has central air conditioning.
Cell phone attennas
They pay a fee for using roof
I believe those are cell phone signal antennas. Owned by Verizon, Sprint, ATT etc. It's easier that building a tall cell tower. They rent the space from the building and then put their communication antennas on the building. You are using these when you make a cell phone, phone call.
Thank you, everybody. I'd been wondering for ages.
cell phone antenna?!
ps you've seen the ones they camouflage as palm trees?!
Kat, somebody else told me about camouflaged ones! I never noticed them. Hope I don't get into an accident trying to look for them while driving.
There used to be a fake tree one by the golf course before you get off at the Waikele exit. I'm guessing it's still there. It did a pretty good job camouflaging as a palm/coconut tree. :) - L
I've never even noticed those. Cute drawing!
L, I'm sooooo curious about it now!!
Ahahahaha, thanks Les!
Post a Comment