Landon likes to use fresh tako (octopus) for bait. One of the reasons that he likes the tako fresh is that it does this funky color changing thing. I video'd it with my phone below, and once again I did it in the wrong orientation . . . ack.
Funky indeed! Tako was always Uncle's bait of choice - like Christmas each time his friends would bring him some. Then, immediately off to go fishing with highest hopes of catching a big one.
j: nevah knew dat - there was a viral video from Japan showing the dead tako 'dancing' it's tentacles when covered with salt or shoyu - forget which one. The thing is dead but it's something to do with the salt interacting with the muscles that causes it to contract. It's freaky to see your food move around when ready for eat! Hoo I miss eating tako due to my seafood allergies. Esp. da smoked tako. So chewy good! -N
Munch On Mi – Liliha, HI
-
Remember the old Foodland on the corner of School and Liliha? Well after
Foodland closed, they turned it into a restaurant equipment place/food
court. I fi...
13 years
-
hard to believe you've been gone for 13 yearssome days it seems like
yesterday, some days notcan't believe you would've been 87 todaythankful
for you alway...
AI Is Now Used to Scam People
-
I’m not back to blogging yet, but I thought this was something important I
should pass on.
An ad popped out the other day on my iPad that had Bill Gates,...
Latest family addition
-
My ceramic friend Rita gave me a young red footed tortoise/turtle that my
grandson named Max. We won’t know if Max is a boy or girl until he/she is
older....
Descanso Gardens, 4/2/24
-
Three out of four college roommates were able to get together. Our other
roommate, Mary, is from Mountain View and it would have been an eight hour
drive...
Delhi - Day 9
-
October 2, 2019
We had another full day in Delhi before we leave for Varanasi tomorrow.
Subie met us once again to take us on a mini tour around Delhi. ...
9 comments:
Funky indeed! Tako was always Uncle's bait of choice - like Christmas each time his friends would bring him some. Then, immediately off to go fishing with highest hopes of catching a big one.
Oooh, always good when somebody gives you tako yah, Aunty.
j: nevah knew dat - there was a viral video from Japan showing the dead tako 'dancing' it's tentacles when covered with salt or shoyu - forget which one. The thing is dead but it's something to do with the salt interacting with the muscles that causes it to contract. It's freaky to see your food move around when ready for eat! Hoo I miss eating tako due to my seafood allergies. Esp. da smoked tako. So chewy good! -N
interesting!
soooo neat!!!
I'm craving tako kelaguen now, haha
I remember that video, N!
Isn't it, Kat?!
I agree, Les.
Susan, I didn't know had such a thing!
Da best bait!
Lan's favorite, Dean!
Post a Comment