Sorry you lost your very good friend Jalna. That was very sweet of you to do. Pretty sad days here too. All of my long time friends have moved away and no contact. And that's almost like a death to me. Getting older sucks.
Jalna, two years ago I lost my lifelong friend Elaine Luff. She went to my church since I was a little kid in 1964. Honolulu First Church of the Nazarene on Judd Street. She was my friend since I was just nine years old. She was a few years older. She used to take me horseback riding in Kailua by Mount Olomana. She knew Mr. Tongg who was a big player on the Polo Field at Kapiolani Park in the good old days. Elaine became a 911 operator for HPD after high school at Farrington in the 1960's. That's back when they had the plug in corded phone bank. And even before the "dial 911". They have Elaine's wooden plug in phone bank at the HPD Museum! If you do not know Elaine Luff, I bet one of your family or friends do. Originally Elaine Wong of Nuuanu. Elaine knew everyone. Even "Mufi" Hannemann, she went to high school with him, I met him at a baby luau in Ewa Beach. He knew of me from the Wigwam days. Elaine was the most gracious and gifted friend I have ever had in my entire life! And I cried......
Downwinding 10-05-2026
-
Wind: Trades
Wind feels lighter than yesterday but we still go!
Start the new week right!
Stoked to have Yannick(bottom right) join us!
This time w...
kokuuma
-
you often see the word koku (rich) paired with the word uma (tasty)
whenever people are describing a savory foodthey'll say it is
"kokuuma"well, I needed e...
Mixed Plate Friday (Vegas Edition)
-
Creamy Scrambled Eggs & Chicken Breakfast Sausage We had a morning flight
so we got served breakfast. For Hawaiian Airlines, there are entrees you
can get ...
AI Is Now Used to Scam People
-
I’m not back to blogging yet, but I thought this was something important I
should pass on.
An ad popped out the other day on my iPad that had Bill Gates,...
Latest family addition
-
My ceramic friend Rita gave me a young red footed tortoise/turtle that my
grandson named Max. We won’t know if Max is a boy or girl until he/she is
older....
Descanso Gardens, 4/2/24
-
Three out of four college roommates were able to get together. Our other
roommate, Mary, is from Mountain View and it would have been an eight hour
drive...
Delhi - Day 9
-
October 2, 2019
We had another full day in Delhi before we leave for Varanasi tomorrow.
Subie met us once again to take us on a mini tour around Delhi. ...
11 comments:
:) Happy Birthday Zsa's!
Sorry you lost your very good friend Jalna. That was very sweet of you to do. Pretty sad days here too. All of my long time friends have moved away and no contact. And that's almost like a death to me. Getting older sucks.
sending you hugs
*SMILE*, Mich!
I sometimes say the same thing about getting old, Mark.
Awwww, and back again to you, Kat!
Jalna, two years ago I lost my lifelong friend Elaine Luff. She went to my church since I was a little kid in 1964. Honolulu First Church of the Nazarene on Judd Street. She was my friend since I was just nine years old. She was a few years older. She used to take me horseback riding in Kailua by Mount Olomana. She knew Mr. Tongg who was a big player on the Polo Field at Kapiolani Park in the good old days. Elaine became a 911 operator for HPD after high school at Farrington in the 1960's. That's back when they had the plug in corded phone bank. And even before the "dial 911". They have Elaine's wooden plug in phone bank at the HPD Museum! If you do not know Elaine Luff, I bet one of your family or friends do. Originally Elaine Wong of Nuuanu. Elaine knew everyone. Even "Mufi" Hannemann, she went to high school with him, I met him at a baby luau in Ewa Beach. He knew of me from the Wigwam days. Elaine was the most gracious and gifted friend I have ever had in my entire life! And I cried......
Awwww, so sorry for your loss, Mark. Friends like that are so precious.
wow I can't believe it's been a year already, and on valentines day too... :( *HUG*
Sorry for your loss...I feel like time gone by quickly. You're so nice to remember her birthday.
Thank you, Les.
Thank you too, Akemi.
I'm so sorry, Jalna. It's hard...
Thank you, Kay.
Post a Comment