Sunday, January 29, 2012

Scrabble Challenge

My son Landon's been playing an iPhone scrabble game called Words With Friends with his friends.  He claimed that he had gotten so good at it that he would blow my and Wendell's doors in a challenge.  Let me tell you something.  I'm a medical transcriber.  Words are my life.  Yet, whenever I need help with the spelling of a particular word, I'll ask Wendell for help.  Soooo, I dug in my closet for the scrabble board that me and my siblings played with kid time, dusted it off, and the game was on!

IMG_9072

I was first, Wendell next and Landon last.  True to his word, Landon took a commanding lead right from the start, but soon the score started evening out.
IMG_9075

Landon used his phone to check on the legitimacy of our words.  I learned a lot of new two letter words yesterday.  Did you know that there's such things as "Qi" and "Ne" and "Ag"? You can check out more two-letter words here
IMG_9082

"Orzo" scored me 33 points and I took the lead.
IMG_9079

I was absolutely incredulous (showing off hard word here) when I pulled the "Q" late in the game.
IMG_9085

But not to worry . . .  for the remaining 2 rounds I got a Triple Word score with "Drive" and used my "Q" with an existing "I" to form my newly learned word "Qi" and WON DA GAME!!!
IMG_9089

14 comments:

K and S said...

whoo hoo!

jalna said...

Yeah!!

Leslie's pics said...

hahaha! Awesome. You would kick my butt at that game. I lose to Kathy all the time. We play words with friends too. I not goin invite you to play.

jalna said...

Les, I just think it's so amazing what you can do with your phone nowadays.

Kalin's Mommy said...

Nice game! Our family plays on our droid phones too. Lots of fun and something to pass time.

jalna said...

You too Michele?! You must be good. Lan said that the scoring on our board is configured differently from what he's used to. Could be because the board is over 40 years old!

Erick said...

Wow, congrats, you some awesome! Remind me to never play Scrabble with you.

jalna said...

Erick, don't tell but I think I just lucked out.

Betty Townsend said...

hahaha!! I play Words with Friends on Facebook. I have a Windows phone so it is not an application. Anyway, the game is addicting...I am not good at all...I always lose!!

jalna said...

It's on Facebook too, Betty?!

Betty Townsend said...

Yeah, get on it and I'll play you! :)

Dd said...

My oh my how times have changed.....

jalna said...

Ok Betty, when I'm done making my headbands . ..

jalna said...

I know exactly what you mean Didi.