Friday, January 6, 2012

My Mom the Musician

I just love, love, love this photo.  On the back is written "Queen's Beach".  My mom thinks she must've been in middle school when the picture was taken, so probably in the 1940's.  She said she doesn't know what she was doing with the ukulele.  She said she was probably showing off and pretending that she knew how to play it.  I asked her about the pants.  She said that that was the style and that "everybody wore their pants like that."

IMG_7861a

9 comments:

K and S said...

nice photo!

Leslie's pics said...

That's so neat that you found all these pictures! Your mom is so funny...acting like she can play the ukulele! :0)

DNakamaru said...

Old photos are so cool, they transport you back in time. Keep posting!

Betty Townsend said...

Love this photo! Your mom looks so good!

jalna said...

I just love it Kat.

She's so cute yah, Les.

Dean, I get all nostalgic and teary-eyed when I look at old pictures.

Me too Betty!

Erick said...

Very cool! I'll see what kind of photos my mom has.

jalna said...

That would be so neat Erick! Try find ones with your mom wearing the same kine pants. Hahaha!!

SW said...

I love old photos..I often wonder what it was like when that photo was taken..share more!!! :-)

jalna said...

Me too Shun Wah. I wish I could be there and look around.