The amount of manpower, work, organization and devotion involved in putting on these games of the Special Olympics is tremendous. I remember being in awe at its magnitude when I first got involved with taking pictures at these events. But it is so worth it. It is so worth it to witness the joy, pride and feelings of accomplishments felt by these special athletes. It is so worth it knowing that their very best efforts are being rewarded. It is so worth it to watch the camaraderie formed by all involved. It is often very touching. And it never fails. I cry every time.
Hi Jalna, I'm not sure if you received my earlier comment about the awesome pic of my son at the olympic games. He was running, wore a yellow vikings tshirt with a huge smile. Is there a way I could order photos from you? Please email me at moonglow186@yahoo.com Thanks much! Joy
Hi Joy! Sorry, don't know why I never got your original comment. I loooved how your son seemed to be enjoying the run. I'm so glad I was able to capture it. I'll e-mail you the full-sized image and you'll be able to have it printed at Costco or Sam's or wherever.
Jalna, Thank you so much again for capturing the great photo of Brian running! We look forward to receiving your email with the photo. Take Care & God Bless you! Mahalo nui, Joy
Hi Joy. I sent the picture to you via email on June 4. Does Yahoo have a limit on size? It's almost 8M large so I'm wondering if it didn't go through because of its large size. I'll cut the size in half and hopefully that will work.
3 at once
-
the latest typhoon is typhoon 27 "choi-wan", still going...at least it
didn't come too close to mainland Japan, though we did have clouds and
drizzles some...
Downwinding 10-05-2026
-
Wind: Trades
Wind feels lighter than yesterday but we still go!
Start the new week right!
Stoked to have Yannick(bottom right) join us!
This time w...
Alan Wong’s – Kahala, HI
-
Alan Wong reopened his restaurant in the Kahala Hotel & Resort earlier this
year. I was super excited to try this restaurant even though I never tried
his…
AI Is Now Used to Scam People
-
I’m not back to blogging yet, but I thought this was something important I
should pass on.
An ad popped out the other day on my iPad that had Bill Gates,...
Latest family addition
-
My ceramic friend Rita gave me a young red footed tortoise/turtle that my
grandson named Max. We won’t know if Max is a boy or girl until he/she is
older....
Descanso Gardens, 4/2/24
-
Three out of four college roommates were able to get together. Our other
roommate, Mary, is from Mountain View and it would have been an eight hour
drive...
Delhi - Day 9
-
October 2, 2019
We had another full day in Delhi before we leave for Varanasi tomorrow.
Subie met us once again to take us on a mini tour around Delhi. ...
13 comments:
awesome shots!
Wow, you braved another year! I feel like such a slacker! Awesome pics...looks like it was fun!
Thanks Kat!
Thanks Les. Come join me next year!
Love the emotion in your shots! Great captures, super job. I agree with you too, this is the most satisfying shoot every year.
Thanks Erick. Trying to capture the emotion is my favorite part of shooting this event. And yes, it's very satisfying.
How awesome!
It is, Betty!
Those are really great. You sure know how to capture emotion and joy in people's faces. Great pics~! I'm so glad we got to meet on Saturday.
Thanks Shun Wah. I'm glad we met up too, but too bad it was only for a short while.
Hi Jalna,
I'm not sure if you received my earlier comment about the awesome pic of my son at the olympic games. He was running, wore a yellow vikings tshirt with a huge smile. Is there a way I could order photos from you? Please email me at moonglow186@yahoo.com Thanks much! Joy
Hi Joy! Sorry, don't know why I never got your original comment. I loooved how your son seemed to be enjoying the run. I'm so glad I was able to capture it. I'll e-mail you the full-sized image and you'll be able to have it printed at Costco or Sam's or wherever.
Jalna, Thank you so much again for capturing the great photo of Brian running! We look forward to receiving your email with the photo. Take Care & God Bless you! Mahalo nui, Joy
Hi Joy. I sent the picture to you via email on June 4. Does Yahoo have a limit on size? It's almost 8M large so I'm wondering if it didn't go through because of its large size. I'll cut the size in half and hopefully that will work.
Post a Comment