Sunday, May 1, 2011

An

I saw this Chanel ad in Vanity Fair that I wanted to copy so I asked coworker An if she could help me out.  An is very shy so I was kinda surprised when she agreed.  We met at KCC's cactus garden yesterday.  I told An it would be just the one shot, but I lied.  She didn't mind though when we ended up walking around the garden for more pictures.  In fact, she was so amaaazing.   She crawled through bushes, sat on the ground, endured mosquitoes, leaned on dirty stuff . . . no problem.  And I loved how she could produce so many different looks by changing her expressions just a little . . . such a natural.  Thank you, thank you, thank you An.  You are DA BOMB!!

This first picture is our re-creation of the ad.
IMG_9049-2a

IMG_9136a

IMG_9190a

IMG_9122a

IMG_9063a

IMG_9103a

IMG_9070a

IMG_9083a

IMG_9140a

IMG_9149a

IMG_9173a

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm.



-kevin

jalna said...

Hahahaha!

Les said...

Ho daaa nice!!! Love um!!! Hey, she knows how to make that sexy face without looking mad...haha

Anonymous said...

=) !





-kevin

jalna said...

Les, there's still hope for you. I told An, "Smile without showing your teeth." At first she wasn't sure what I meant, and we were cracking up while she kept trying. But towards the end of the session, she was a pro. You just gotta keep practicing. Hahaha!

:) josefina :) said...

I swear, Jalna, you got the best subjects! Very photogenic!

Betty Townsend said...

Beautiful girl!! Great shots!! You are so good!!

jalna said...

I knoooow Jos. I was thinking the exact same thing!

jalna said...

Thanks Betty. Really helps that my subjects are so pretty.

Anonymous said...

yes, that totally helps.......




-kevin

jalna said...

Kevin, you are totally cracking me up!

SW said...

cool shots.. I've been there a few times and always wanted to take a photo in front of that yellow spot thing.. but noone else was interested in being my model..another cool place for portrait..

jalna said...

Thanks Shun Wah. I actually thought the garden didn't have enough variety for a portrait shoot location. Turns out I was wrong. You have to go at the right time though. Otherwise it's way too sunny.

Erick said...

Very nice! She is so photogenic.

jalna said...

She has a versatile look too, Erick.