Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pineapple Macadamia Nut Bread


I made this a couple of nights ago 'cause I was starving and there was no snack in the house. It turned out kinda dry so I shared my slice with Kona. If I make this again, I'm gonna substitute 1/4 c. vegetable oil for the 3 tbs. butter. I think it'd come out moister that way. The taste was good though.

IMG_0805

It was 9 at night when I decided to make it. I kinda wasn't prepared . . . couldn't find the right size loaf pan, so I improvised . . . pretty clever hah?IMG_0711

Worked out great.IMG_0718

IMG_0803

Sift together:
1 3/4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

In a separate bowl cream together:
3 tbs. butter (try use 1/4 c. veg. oil instead and let me know how it turns out)
2 eggs
3/4 c. packed brown sugar

Combine wet and dry ingredients, add 3/4 c. chopped macadamia nuts and 1 c. crushed pineapple (small can), undrained. Pour into loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.

9 comments:

K and S said...

nice! improvising

jalna said...

Haha, thanks Kat!

OkiHwn said...

Did Kona mind that it was dry? Don't think so...

Leslie's pics said...

hahaha! that's hilarious! Pretty clever, I must say!

jalna said...

You're right Nate. He rather liked it!

That's so me yah, Les. Didi must be cringing! Hahaha!

Erick said...

Looks ono!

jalna said...

Thanks Erick, but I think I should try again with oil instead.

Betty Townsend said...

Looks good...wonder why it was dry. I like your improvising. Didi is gonna go out and buy a proper loaf pan now when she sees your solution to not having the right pan. hahahaha!!

jalna said...

Betty, it might've been that in my rush I hadn't allowed the butter to soften enough. You know Didi well! Hahaha.