Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Brownies


This is my favorite "made from scratch" brownies. It's easy to make.
Mix together 3/4 c. flour and 1/4 tsp. baking soda. Set aside.In a saucepan combine 3/4 c. granulated sugar, 1/3 c. butter or margarine and 2 tbs. water. Bring to boil over medium heat. Remove immediately from heat.
Stir in 1 c. of chocolate morsels and 1 tsp. vanilla extract until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool completely.
After chocolate mixture has cooled, stir in 2 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually stir in flour mixture until smooth.
Add 1 c. chocolate morsels and 1/2 c. chopped nuts.
Pour batter into prepared 9-inch square pan (oiled and floured).
Bake at 325 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. I like this recipe 'cause you get bits of unmelted chocolate chips in it. Funny my beat-up pan, yeah!

9 comments:

mmiissee said...

Oooh I love brownies with walnuts...yummy. Got a extra piece for me? he he j/k

K and S said...

mmm, I'm gonna try this when I go back in a couple of weeks :9

jalna said...

Awww shucks, mmiissee, it got wiped out fast.

Great Kat! You're gonna like it.

Betty Townsend said...

Yum!!! I had a pan that looked very similar to that. Used it for a lot of things. Somehow in our move to the mobile home, it got tossed out. I am always looking for that pan. It was over 40 years old. :(

Leslie's pics said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

jalna said...

Betty, wait to you see this eggbeater I just found last night. I'll post a picture later.

Thanks Les, was mmmmmm!

Erick said...

Yum, yum, yum, that looks so yummy! Great photos too.

susie said...

OK you really do need to get a kitchen aid mixer and to visit walmart for a new pan!!! Again I got none. But that's ok as I watching my diet!!! AND IT"S WATCHING ME!!! HAHAHA

jalna said...

Hey no tease my wooden spoon and my heirloom pan! I promise I'll send you some from the next batch.