Monday, July 6, 2020

Dd's Zucchini Coconut Bread


Didi said that she received a whole bunch of zucchini (I think that's what she said) so she made zucchini bread.


imagejpeg_0-2

Dd’s Zucchini Coco Nut Bread

¾ c. cup vegetable oil
¾ c. brown sugar
¼ c. agave nectar
3 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. baking soda
1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. ground ginger
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1/8 tsp. ground allspice
2 c. all- purpose flour
2 c. zucchini, large grate, squeezed dry
½ c. flaked coconut
½ c. walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease 2-8’ loaf pans. 
In a large bowl beat oil, sugar, agave, eggs and vanilla. 
Add remaining ingredients and blend well. 
Pour into prepared pans; bake 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. 
Makes 2 loaves.

7 comments:

K and S said...

mmm!

Anonymous said...

I love Zucchini bread. My husband’s colleague used to bake this super moist and delicious Zucchini bread. But they no longer work together, so we don’t get to eat it. 😢 DD’s one looks scrumptious! But too many ingredients again. Plus now too hot to bake. LOL Ahhh...I just so lazy.

Izsmom

R said...

Oh, does that look ono! You're so lucky you have a cooking family. In mines, the younger ones never really learned and their parents don't want to. At family parties we get consistently, Kentucky Fried Chicken and chow mein. Not complaining but I sure miss the pigs' feet soup, the "real" shoyu pork and the undagi (no one makes this like my family, sigh) Be safe.

Susan said...

I've never had any kind of bread made out of a vegetable. The picture makes it look scrumptious!

Honolulu Aunty said...

Oh, groan. Today is my fasting day and it looks SO moist and ono!

Chet Colson said...

I've never heard of zucchini w/coconut for bread. Dd's been killing it (in a good way) with her culinary skills.

jalna said...

Kat, I know!

Izsmom, awwww, too bad you don't get the bread anymore. And yes, too hot . . .LOL.

R, I'm so grateful that I have a family of people who like to cook.

Susan, seems so strange, yah.

Aunty, I'm so amazed at your discipline.

Chet, Dd does have "killer" cooking skills!!